The Winora Group » Our History » Language: Deutsch | English

Our History

1914
Racing cyclist Engelbert Wiener sets up the E. Wiener Retail Trading Company in Schweinfurt. Single-mounting manufacture of bicycles and marketing.

1918
Development and extension of the first bicycle wholesale business firm in Schweinfurt.

1956
Takeover of the company by his grandson Seuffert.

1963
Construction of the first Winora-bicycle factory with conveyer belt system in Schweinfurt.

1988
Takeover of Staiger Stuttgart.

1995
Establishment of Haibike (initially still under Winora) by Susanne & Felix Puello.

1997
Takeover of the business management by great-granddaughter Susanne Puello. Affiliation to the Derby Cycle Corporation.

2002
Switch to the Dutch Accell Group.

2005
Establishment of our own component brand XLC International with integrated shop-in-shop concept for the specialized trade.

2006
E. Wiener Bike Parts presents itself as the first Europe-wide parts wholesaler: Start of activities in the neighboring countries.

2007
Establishment of the completely new, highly efficient parts logistics.